Introducing Matrixport Crypto Indices
- Matrixport Crypto Index (“Index”) is developed to provide institutional and retail investors with a transparent, timely, representative, and rules-based benchmark of the cryptocurrency market. The index tracks the performance of some largest and most liquid cryptocurrencies and is denominated in US Dollar
Eligibility criteria have been set taking into consideration the reputation, price transparency, compliance level, stability, and trading volume of the constituent exchanges where price data were sourced. Current price sources include Bitfinex, Binance, Bitstamp, Bittrex, GDAX, Gemini, Huobi, Itbit, Kraken, OKEX, and Poloniex
• The service publishes both 1) second-level real-time price series as well as 2) daily reference prices published at 10:00 am Hong Kong Time, on 24/7/365 basis and covers the following:
• 17 single cryptocurrencies price indices + delete and
•Matrixport Cap 10 Idex- a basket of the market capitalization-weighted composite index which represents over 90% of the overall cryptocurrency market capitalization and covers diversified categories of cryptocurrencies including currencies, decentralized platforms, and privacy assets
• The Index is solely owned by Matrix Tech Pte. Ltd. and is administered by Matrixport Index Operating Committee which will conduct a monthly review to keep the index methodology and index composition most updated and representative.
• To learn more about the index, please view full Index Methodology. For enquiry regarding the index，please contact: bcindex@Matrixport.com
• See the latest and past circulars on monthly rebalancing update
-August 2020 Index Composition(available on 31st July 2020)
All rights (including but not limited to ownership, right of use, the usufruct and the disposition right, etc.), interests and intellectual property rights (including but not limited to trademarks, copyrights, patents, etc.) in connection with Matrixport Crypto Index belong solely to Matrix Tech Pte. Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as “Matrix”) and/or its affiliates. No one shall, directly or indirectly, create or distribute any financial products, including but not limited to futures, swaps, options or other derivatives or similar contracts, contracts for difference, funds, ETP, ETF or other collective investment schemes which quote or refer to Matrixport Crypto Index (including but not limited to any part or element included in Matrixport Crypto Index), without Matrix’s prior written approval.