Q: Why should I verify as an accredited investor (AI)?
A: Based on local regulatory requirements, only accounts met the requirements as accredited investor certification are allowed to invest and transact. Verified accredited investors will enjoy our services and access to specialized investment instruments. This ensures that all relevant users are sophisticated investors, with sufficient business and financial knowledge and experience to properly assess the benefits and risks of an investment opportunity and, importantly, to withstand any losses associated with the risk.
Q: What is verification of assets (VOA)?
- Compliance verified crypto assets or deposits of recognized institutions.
- Crypto asset verification will calculate the amount you hold based on the certified currency and the proportion of certified assets.
- Recognized institution deposits can be bank deposits, stock exchange assets, insurance policies, etc.
- All assets are denominated in US dollar, at the exchange rate by the time of application.
Q: How are my verified assets calculated in total?
A: After your submission for review, the verified assets held by all your platforms will be accumulated as your verified assets.
Q: How to verify my assets in Web3 wallet?
- If you haven't binded your Web3 wallet here, please connect the wallet and verify the capital;
- After binding your Web3 wallet, the market value of your crypto assets will be automatically accumulated and verified.
- Matrixport supports the accumulation of assets in multiple wallets.
Q: How to verify my assets in my personal wallet and custody wallet?
- You need to provide information on your coins, chains and the wallet addresses. We will randomly generate a specified small remittance amount for you for verificaton purpose (e.g. 1.23 USDT). Please transfer the specified amount from the verification address to your Matrixport wallet to verify it's you. - After our audit, we will calculate all the amounts that can be included in the verified assets of the wallet.
- Reminder: the remittance amount in your verification process should to be the amount received after deducting the transfer fee.
Q: What is the difference between an institutional account and a personal account verified as accredited investor?
- Both institutional accounts and personal accounts can apply to verify their assets based on their crypto assets or assets at recognized institutions.
- Individual accredited investors can also choose the verification of annual income, in addition to choose the verification of existing assets.
- Based on local regulatory of different KYC regions, the asset verification process might differ, such as required documents and crypto asset ratio. Each investor will receive detailed instructions clearly in their application.
Q: How do I get my statements from bank, exchange, or other recognized institutions?
A: You can apply for electronic statement from the platform where you hold your assets, usually on their official website or app. Please consult their customer service for details. The bank statement needs to contain the following information: 1. Name of issuing institution; 2. Name of account owner (must match with the Matrixport account); 3. The date of issue (must be within three months); 4. The amount of net assets.
Q: How do I upload the required documents?
- Image files and PDF are supported.
- The image must be clear to read and displays all required information. Please read our requirement details carefully.
- If one image cannot display all the information, multiple images and files can be uploaded. The size of a single picture or file should not exceed 5MB. In case of large files, please compress before uploading.
Q: If I have already started my application for accredited investor verification, can I change my selected verification method during the process?
A: There are two verification methods for individual investors: annual income and total assets. When applying, you need to choose a method for verification and provide the corresponding proof. It is possible to switch to another method during the application process, but your previously uploaded documents will be cleared and you will need to start over.
Q: Will my personal information be leaked?
- The information you provide is for verification only and will be treated with the highest confidentiality. Matrixport will not use your information elsewhere.
- Reminder: Please clean up your documents in time after the application. Upload the required documents with the latest date. You can also add watermarks to pictures or files before uploading them.
Q: How long does the review take?
A: It takes about 5-7 working days for review process. Please wait patiently. You will be notified of the review result in the APP or via email.
Q: What should I do if the review fails?
A: For users who fail the review, here are some possible reasons for your reference:
- Missing credentials
- Wrong type of the certificate/proof
- Assets don't meet the standard
You can try to:
- Add supplementary asset proof
- Contact customer service or your sales representative for assistance